Challenge #572 (06/06/14) Entries OPENED

Theme #572 for June 6 2014 is: [ toys ]

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday June 9th 2014.

lol :yes:

Are there any prizes for the weekend challenge?

no, it’s just for fun.

Ok.
And we just post an image on this thread?

correct. if you use softwares other than blender for any major aspect of it, specify that it is an ‘open’ entry as opposed to a ‘pure’ entry. but if you used mostly blender it goes in the pure category.

Here is my entry.
It was made entirely in Blender.

Attachments

Well i got many toys designed on blender, here is my first try. =)

Second try. =)

MY entry, LuxRender:

On the first Saturday of each month the “Home Depot” store has a Kid’s Workshop where kids can build a small project for free. My daughter loves going to those. While she was working on her project she asked what the theme for this weeks challenge was and I said toys. She then asked me to do the toy lawn mower which was this months Kid Workshop project.

So here is the Home Depot toy lawn mower.

Attachments

@Pablo.Petzen Your firts robot(?) is really cute :slight_smile:

Didn’t have time for anything fancier…

My entry, pure: “letters”

Here basically i tried to blend 3d elements (letters) on a background photo (cloth, with the shadow on the left/top); would have been much more easy to use the texture mapped on a plane…
When i started this i thought: it will be a quick thing…later on i discovered that is more difficult than it seems to match well enough perspective, shadows, etc. The frame at the borders (this time i copied Ryeath:) ) was done to delete some defects of the photo.

I haven’t had much time on the weekends so a rubber duck seemed to be a good choice.

Thanks Happo. =)

I started added the borders because I noticed RobertT always has a border on his entries, so in effect it is RobertT you are emulating.

Modron, did you use a generator to make your trees? They look really nice.

yes I used the sapling add-on, but I didn’t add leaves because I failed to navigate the settings menu. d-oh!

Here is my non-competing entry:

Beatrix and the Abundantly Wondrous Ball of Yarn

RobertT

Robert, did you use the freestyle textured stroke option to make the strands?

Hi, Modron!

It’s Blender Internal with a cloud procedural for displacement in the compositor. I was trying for more of a crayon look :slight_smile:

Nice work on the duck and clouds!

RobertT

Awesome entries! Hopefully I will be back soon. Been moving, so havent had much time for Blender lately. But, we are almost settled in. Maybe this weekend I can participate.