Cannot solve problem with armature and frustum culling

I dowload a model from blendswap(fps hands) and I add a simple node setup for a fake subsurface scattering.
My problem is the object disappears when is near to the camera, this is not a cliping plane problem, is a frustum culling problem.

I read many posts about it(most of them are from Monster), and it is caused when the origin of the armature is outside the frustum cone of the camera. I try changing the origin of the mesh and the armature(one that is visible from the camera), but still not working.

File:
Hand_v.4 packed, frustum problem.blend (1.38 MB)
Notes:
-The armature and meshes not have physics.
-The origins are not changed in the file.

Someone can help me? :slight_smile:

Currently I can’t look at your file.

Your description sounds like you are moving the bones out of the original bounding box. This can happen for example on a walkcycle that includes the forward motion ( rather than in-place animation ).

Actually the armature not are animated, i just set a simple position(visible from the camera), and I add an action actuator with a animation that only are one frame(in the recent version of blender, is necessary to do this, or when one start the game, the armature going to have the original position, like the edit mode).

Here some photos:

The objects are: one armature, and two meshes(the hands), no one have physics(don’t need it), and in the photos the origin is not changed.

According to your screens you do an animation (even if it is one frame).
Looking at you last image … the armature and meshes are completely behind the camera. This defines the bounding box behind the camera as well. I think that is the reason, why you can’t see it. The bounding box does not animate together with the animation, which keeps the meshes hidden.

As a work around I suggest to ads one or two vertices that the bounding box extends before the camera. The vertices do not need to be animated (no vertex groups). The vertices do not need to be visible (they do not need to form a face). This way it does not eat much resources, but still increase the dimensions of the bounding box.

I still wonder why the bounding box is not updated. The vertices need to be processed tracking the bounding box while doing this should have minimal impact (in difference to looping through the vertices a second time. Maybe this is a good feature request.

I would like to be able to “flag” a armature to always run,

as my protagonist physically walks,

Thanks monter :slight_smile: add a vertice that is inside the view of the frustum cone work and I think also the update of the bounding box on an animation would be a good request.