noise cancelling

does anyone know of any software that can take input from a mic near comp and apply its magic noise cancelling to my speakers???
(hate the whine my gpu’s make)
used to have the comp in another room but had to change that and its driving me nuts

If the whine is coming through your speakers on the computer you’re rendering on, it’s a hardware problem. Any noise cancelling would have an uphill battle fighting feedback or a ground loop being introduced on the same system, not to mention processing overhead. The main problem is the noise would still be introduced again after any processing.

A better PSU or soundcard might be able to isolate better and eliminate the noise in that case.

If the whine is coming from fans on a separate computer, it’s likely easiest to get sound cancelling headphones. I haven’t tried any software for this, but this search phrase seems to give reasonable suggestions: “sound cancelling audio filter software”. Of course YMMV.

whine is just the gpu fans :frowning: (2 gtx 560 about 1 cm apart)
guess I’ll have to take one out or try my luck at water cooling :wink:

I have fans in my room (and my PC), but I don’t mind the white noise. None of them make a real high pitch whine though.

Usually high pitch noise comes from the bearings, if it’s possible to swap out the fans you might be able to find a quieter one. Of course some fans are inherently noisy, but those tend to be mostly enclosed or ducted around the blades.

I think, GritTec Noise Cancellation technology of single-microphone solution is used for reducing the external hindrances and background noises in speech signal. NC can be used as for the selection of speech signal, so and for the selection of background noises.

solved the problem!! I got water cooling
now got the lowest temps ever and its almost silent

Theres a free program called Audacity that can remove noise and make your voice sound better and stuff.

To remove noise:

1. When recording wait for around three seconds before starting speaking.
  2. Import your recording into audacity.
  3. Follow this 2 minute tutorial

Ty :stuck_out_tongue: