Cancer

“We are always getting ready to live, but never living.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was very much inspired by one of the videos by Andrew Price (blenderguru.com) regarding color theory, harmony, and schemes; and I decided to put the theory into practice.

I dedicate this piece to aunt Grace who was diagnosed of pancreatic cancer a few months ago.

She passed away March 24, 2014.

We’ll miss you, tita.

More info at

http://www.reynantemartinez.com/cancer.html

Thanks so much for viewing!

• Reyn

Attachments

Woah Master!

very touching…color, composition and visual storytelling is perfect, your feelings well expressed. … so sorry to hear about your aunt.

Truly beautiful, in a sad way. The subtle details … like hanging by a thread, the web, all add to the quality of the image, and at the same time tell the story you are trying to convey. The colors are lovely and fitting for the message.

He has some other great macro renders of this piece at the link he posted…well worth a visit. Sorry about your Aunt, she obviously meant a lot to you.

great work! the color balance is perfect! textures are really worth the work!

Wow! Excellent composition! The textures, colors, and details really bring this together. Keep up the great work!

Sorry for your loss. It’s a beautiful piece to dedicate. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot, everyone! :slight_smile:

I really appreciate your thoughts.

• Reyn

Thanks for sharing this beautifull work reynante, this piece have much feelings, and have a strong message.
I like a lot the detail renders, ever you handle high quality textures :), and fantastic composition!

-José

Thanks, José.

Thinking about the thought again makes me break down to tears. I just wish there was something we can do about it - but it figures there’s less, if none, and we accept these facts as part of life.

:')

• Reyn

I was just thinking that I hope someone makes something beautiful when I pass(hopefully not soon). Good job. In a sense, remembering people through art is the closest we will get to immortality.

technical aspects aside, IMO this is automatically ahead of 90% of all CG renders because it actually expresses an idea. Technically it is also good. I also think the idea and execution are pretty decent. Good work.

Sorry for your loss, Reyn. It’s a beautiful image, clearly a lot of thought has gone into it.

Agreed.

Few artists try to broach such deep topics as this. Keep at the excellent work Reynante :slight_smile:

Great job. Excellent color scheme and story telling. Sorry to hear about your loss.

This is fantastic. Awesome work.

Absolutely incredible, this is one of my favorite pieces that I have seen on this site. Congrats on the well deserved top row.

Wonderful work! Great concept with a clear and strong message.
Sorry for your aunt. My mother passed away a year ago exactly with the same problem, and I totally relate to this picture! I even dropped some tears…
Keep up with the great work and the memories :slight_smile:
Love the detail renders as well

Reyn, your work is indeed impressive, although I wish the subject were a happier one for you. I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

A wonderful piece.