Seeking mentorship for a small Blender code project

Hello, I am looking for somebody familiar with Blender’s source to help with a small coding project. I do not expect to need an excessive amount of help but would like somebody to go to for assistance as I navigate the source code. This will be my first Blender coding project but I am fairly comfortable with C++ and Blender’s general structure.

The Project
This project seems fairly small from my viewpoint. Stated simply I wish to create a custom node very similar to the existing lens distortion node but one that is specifically coded for Oculus Rift distortion. I own an Oculus Rift dev kit and want to render 3D pictures and animation in a format the rift can view. The Rift however requires a very specific lens distortion algorithm in order to display correctly.

The way I see it the best way to get this distortion into blender would be through a simple compositing node. I have access to all the Oculus Rift developer resources and documentation and do not expect to need help with the distortion algorithm. However I would really appreciate having somebody who can help me implement it successfully.

If you have any questions or suggestions please respond to this thread. If you would like to help please send me a PM so we can talk and exchange contact information (Skype, email, etc…).

Would this be for 2d images? or would you want left/right eye support?

It would be for 3D stereoscopic images and videos but I am only concerned about the lens distortion since stereoscopy is already possible within normal blender builds using two cameras and some compositing.

It would be for 3D stereoscopic images and videos but I am only concerned about the lens distortion since stereoscopy is already possible within normal blender builds using two cameras and some compositing.