Challenge #570 (05/23/14) Entries OPENED - [ Something Old and Something New ]

Theme #570 for May 23rd 2014 is: Something Old and Something New

Entry closes at 20:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday May 26 2014.

Hi everyone
Here’s my entry (pure) for this week
I think this is a wedding theme (I hope I didn’t misunderstand) so I just decided to make some wedding rings. It’s rendered in Cycles, 300 Samples. Color correction in the Compositor and a final touch in Photoshop. Anyway, here it is

I hope you like it
Good Luck to everyone!:slight_smile:

Awesome Entry Kidus! I’m pretty sure you’ll have my vote! :smiley:
PS: Awesome Bible! :smiley:

I didn’t know that tradition, until now… I had another totally different idea, not about weddings, hoping will be ok.
A little question about the pages: the back page letters (or it was print not dryed?) are visible, it’ a texture effect or there is some translucency?

Hey guys I just wanted to clarify… this is not a weddings only theme, though the idea was strongly influenced by my brothers recent wedding. I was reviving some old work and thought why not make that the theme. So it is ultimately the artist choice as long as there is something old and something new all is well. Again thanks for your votes and I look forward to seeing you entries.

@kidus : great job with the dof and placement of the rings!

Hi again!

I take it for make a test, I tried to get the same result in cycles from a render made on blender internal and I “rudely” fail.

A greeting!

Joey Blendhead, DRoss, thank you for your comments! :smiley:

mik1190, I didn’t use translucency there. I took a photo of the page and used the image as a texture. I think the text from the back is a bit visible because the paper is thin.

Pure entry rendered in cycles.

I took a photo of the page and used the image as a texture

Ok thank you; good work btw :slight_smile:

Here my pure entry:

Another attempt at sculpting…

Some great entries.

Here is mine.

Attachments

Nice one Mik1190. Great job on the head modeling.

My entry;an old and new coke bottle!!!:wink:
I got an error when I was trying to upload the picture so it’s here:http://tsf98.deviantart.com/art/Coke-bottles-456497803?ga_submit_new=10%3A1401091940

My non-competing entry:

Full resolution: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/Photoshopped-3d-Portrait-455941655

This was one of my first Blender projects (something old), that I recently updated in Photoshop (something new).

Deltaray: glad you liked! Well, personally i think i really have a lot to improve :smiley:

Here is my non-competing entry:

Return

RobertT