Character models

Hello!

I am looking for someone who can do the following:

1. Several concept art drawings will be provided by me to create the soldiers, you will have to model 3 3D soldiers

2. Each soldier will be a different class

3. Tall, heavily muscular

4. Medium height, medium muscular

5. Medium height, skinny

You do not have to make diffuse, specular or normal maps, but if you could, please tell me your price for that. These are for a game, they have to be as detailed as possible without using more the 17k vertices each. Here are examples of concept art that will be made by me:

PM me responses with portfolio please, $100 per character model

Show some of your game model sketches?

100$ per model? Hahaha! You wanna pay 100 bucks for such detailed and time consuming work? I don’t know whether this sum will cover even the cost of consumed electricity :). I propose to double the price ;).

For Normal, Spec, Diffuse, “detailed as possible” and 17k, price should be over 700$ per character.

http://www.katsbits.com/articles/how-much-should-i-charge-for-freelance-3d-modeling-work.php

wow, that’s quite enlightening

The job pays what the market will bear. Always. The question is can you bear what the market will? And if not, you move on. And there are always more reasons to do a particular job than the money. And if you in your own life can not work out what that should be or why, then again, you move on. If on the other hand if you have reason to take on a low paying project, you do it and you reap the benefits from that, experience, portfolio or whatever and then you move up and again eventually, move on. Is this not that easy to figure out that we have to come here and heckle people?

that’s ridiculous. so called “benefits” don’t pay the bills. 100 dollars for a model that you are going to spend doing about 10-20 days is absolutely stupid and insulting to artists out there.

ask any professional artist with quality work about this price and i guarantee he/she will say that it’s ridiculous.

anyone who offers a job with this shit money deserves to be heckled.

This is not the place to discuss or argue pricing. If you have an issue with the quoted price, either PM the original poster or move on.

For that type of model you must hire at last some 3d modelers for 1 month and pay them normal salary. Not freelance. A person must pay bills for electricity like others note , that electricity is 100$ next he must pay his food that is … in 2000$ just to name a bit … For this type of work freelance it is not recommended. It is a big project.

that’s ridiculous. so called “benefits” don’t pay the bills. 100 dollars for a model that you are going to spend doing about 10-20 days is absolutely stupid and insulting to artists out there.

ask any professional artist with quality work about this price and i guarantee he/she will say that it’s ridiculous.

anyone who offers a job with this shit money deserves to be heckled.

This is not the place to discuss or argue pricing. If you have an issue with the quoted price, either PM the original poster or move on.

Just to make you know : Here in France, official work price for a 3D freelancer is from 300 Euros up to 550 Euros a day, without VAT. The average common price is around 400 Euros a day. Any work done at lower price makes a lot of damage to the freelance community ! There is almost no more CG work around here due to many people, mainly students, getting out of the numerous CG schools and working for almost nothing (not declared and not paying taxes and social contributions). They break the market. more and more “clients” deal with this kind of artists, and professionnals have no more work. So, I think that a CG website is the good place to speak about that.

I disagree, this is a forum for sharing knowledge…
There are other websites where there are only vacancies, and the applications are private.
But the poster is choosing a forum…
I appreciate the comments of the people.

I think he meant this is not the thread for it. you could start a thread in “Blender and CG Discussions” to discuss this.

This. Exactly this.

where I come from people sell their own kidneys for $700… :stuck_out_tongue: I hope this makes you think.

what I’m trying to say is: Some [not so well off/not so picky/not so skilled] people will gladly do it for $100, while others [who have made a name for themselves] will simply move on and not get fing mad at the guy for no fing reason. :confused:

@ rinoz
oh, and BTW, some people are capable of doing a job like this in two or three days, instead of “10-20” days

I would gladely take this job, as it specificly says the quoted price does not include texture maps (which is the time consuming part) - I can readily extrude the geo for such characters in as little as 5 to 6 hours each, making the existing quote quite reasonable.

“gladely take this job”, “extrude the geo”, “as little as 5 to 6 hours each”… incredible…
Definitely some people don’t know what they are talking about.
But let’s split the threads, the people, and the entire forum…

I’ll work on this. Like said above, the price is low but I would adjust the quality to match the price, I’ll send ya a PM!