New Dynamic Clouds (3D and fluffy as little Kittens)

DOWNLOAD:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104245941/geblendet/ca_cloudlight06.blend

I hope you find it useful, even if there is no fancy Day-Night-Cycle in it (not yet?).

That, looks very nice,

Can you do plasma, or flames?
I have an in game cutscene I could use some help with…

those are super nice…the grey bottoms with the white peaks…and yes those are super fluffy…excellent…the download doesnt work correctly where I can take a closer look…but its got to be a version issue or something…the last few demos ive tried with that have something to do with nodes havent worked for some reason…somones fog example last week didnt work also…probably a version issue or something…but really nice clouds…i dont know how you did it…but it actually looks like some of the little clouds merge to form a single bigger cloud

You have blender 2.7? the lamp node only work with the 2.7 version.

That looks really nice! also this demonstrate the power of the nodes, you can make things very good with nodes, like this, your other example of fog, and parallax mapping, etc.

i have the 2.70a…both the fog and this just show a yellow-oranges box in the blend…
Geforce 9400Gt if that means anything…win32

This is awesome Great work! :smiley:

Well thanks again for running with the idea of turning your mist/fog system into a cloud system. This will help me immensely.

Geez, that’s some heavy clouds, 200ms on GF 8600gt.

Really awesome. Way better than just having a skybox with cloud textures. I’d love to see this with some seriously advanced cloud patterns that can generate realistic clouds like cumulus, stratus, etc.

Main problem right now is the performance; it’s quite dismal.
Still great work!

Thank you all. :}
I might try to make the Performance better, if I can.

That should depend on the Image used for the Cloud Texture. :}

Well, actually I did this first, only applied the Lamp Data Method afterwards. Speaking of which…

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104245941/geblendet/cloudlight04.blend
Take a Look at this one – it is an older Version which did not use the Lamp Data. Since you use 2.70a, as do I, this should not be the Problem here, but just to be sure. (As it is an older Version, it does not look as good, but if it might work better, I could alternate the better Version to work that Way as well. Oh, and the Key to stop the Game Engine is Left Ctrl, just a weird Habit of Mine (quick Upload, didn’t correct that))

Wow, that is indeed a cool result. Really nice work.

Just had a thought… Is it possible to use an inverse cloud image as a sun lamp texture, so as to give the illusion that the clouds are producing a shadow on the ground?

Yes, that is possible and a good Idea, I have thought of it too (but not yet a Chance to implement it anywhere).