Something photorealistic

Nintendo gamepad project. completely created in blender… render engine used: cycles.
video render time 50+ hours…

Hope you guys like it…!!

Attachments

2 Likes

man very nice image, is very nostalgic, the controls and cassette are very nice, all render have nice colors, I like much!

glad you did… thanks alot!! :slight_smile:

I doubt most people would be able to tell that this isn’t real. Very nice work!!!

First render you nailed it! The others I think the background leather does not look nice.

Thanks… yeah… the first image is the final render… and 2nd is the old one which i rendered with rough surface… and 3rd image was my first image in this project… with somewhat black carpet under the controller…!!

Hey, can I play that SNES? :wink:

I love it! Very nice work, wouldn’t have been able to tell it was a render if you hadn’t told me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice! Good job.

Wow! Very good job on the small details, man! The bump on the cord’s a bit strong, and it seems that the red button has flat shading… overall good work!

thank man… yea you are right about that flat shading… actually i didnt notice it for a while… after doing my first render… then i fixed it on the 3rd render… :slight_smile:

I have also added the video… which i didnt know how to add before… i’m new here sorry…!!

Hey, cool project, can’t go wrong with Nintendo classic consoles. :slight_smile:

Me likes:

• shading and text on the cord.
  • grey material around XYBA buttons.
  • carpet which looks REALLY good.

Now, having spent countless hours on this console I know this pad like the back of my hand so there are things that caught my eyes:

1. proportions of the pad: I feel it should be a little bit wider but I’m not positive on this one!
  2. no L and R buttons? Come on! How do you want to play SFII properly without them? :wink:
  3. the D-pad should stick out more and be slightly bent towards the center.
  4. colours on XYBA buttons are off, they’re not that bright.
  5. cord should be thicker and there should be a hole where it connects to the pad.
  6. pad is made of two halves and not a solid block.
  7. circle around the D-pad should be extruded inwards, not just the outline as you did.
  8. and finally, edges should be softer, this pad has a round feel to it, quite a change from good ole NES one.

Check this ref photo (front).

Bonus: cartriges we had in Europe were rounder: ref photo

Hope my comment helps you, looking forward to an updated version!

thanks mate… actually i was creating the version that i had… it didn’t had L R buttons… and i gave an edge b/w so it separates the top part from bottom part… thanks for pointing the other mistakes out… i’ll improve it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You got me interested and intrigued now. No L/R buttons on Super Famicom? Was it a special version for the Indian market I am not aware of?

Here are the different casings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System#Regional_lockout

Do you still own your Super Famicom? If so I’d love to see some photos of it.

i think it was not the original one… it says something else on the controller and consoles… but the games were same and cartridges and console also… we didnt even know that its called snes… :stuck_out_tongue: sorry i dont have it anymore its was like 10+ yrs ago…

While I’m not a big gamer, I do appreciate the photorealistic work you put in this, well done.

It makes sense now. If you make changes I mentioned above you will have a great final piece, photo-realistic AND true to the original. :wink:

yup i’ll definitely… thnks for your suggestions mate :slight_smile:

Spot on! Makes me want to whip out my SNES just watching it.

No kidding, the attention to detail is what makes it look so great!