Proportional editing...

Hi all,
I’m trying to model a landscape. For that, I set up a plane, size it to 50 times, subdivide it to about 6 or 7 times and start to model some hills. Enter…proportional editing. And a lovely tool THAT is :slight_smile:
To activate, hit “o” in edit mode, make sure “smooth” is seleted and … scroll with the mousewheel until tou have the size of the “circle” you wnat.
And here is the question: can this proportion be entered somewhere? Just to have a more exact measure besides the somewhat “fuzzy” mousewheel approach…
Thanks
Thor

You can see the proportional value on the 3d view header, there is no numerical input, only after you have made the transform in the operator panel or F6

ah, thanks, so I at least have some “bearing”…let me try that!!! You have saved a project :slight_smile:

Thank you. This was driving me nuts.

Hy

Proportional editing was working nicely, but not anymore. Every new document is ok, but this current one is just not working. The enable button is on, but nothing happens. Obviously I hit something, but I can’t figure out what.

Thanks

Attachments

Have you maybe got your influence radius scrolled really tiny? Try scrolling it up.

In the top screen shot you do not have the proportional editing turned on.