Formal Fire-Fleeing Tuxedo

I live in Southern California, where fires have been burning out of control the last couple days. Looking out the windows, it’s as if someone in the compositing department screwed up, mixing together elements for a doomsday dystopia movie with fires and smoke, and elements from a nice 50s/60s beach movie with the nice palm trees and good looking people in skimply clothing.

Being good looking is, of course, what’s most important when living in an area between wild fires. In my facebook posts about the nearby fires, I referred to dressing up in my “formal fire-fleeing tuxedo” in case of evacuation. If we’re going to be a blind panicky mad mob fleeing death, we should at least be a well-dressed blind panicky mob.

Alas, I was just writing creatively. Making up stuff. So, I put the idea out to everyone with a sense for clothing design and upscale styles: just what would a Formal Fire-Fleeing Tuxedo look like? Or any other essential upscale clothing for the well-heeled soon-to-be-roasted, the executive near-future BBQ victim, or respectable aristocratic flame ducker?

(This isn’t a real contest or anything. This just seemed the best place in BA forums to put out an idea for others to interpret and create from. But if I really had to give a prize to the best render, I guess, um, a scoopful of ashes… ?)