Challenge #569 (05/15/14) Entries OPENED - [ Advertisement ]

Theme #569 for May 15 2014 is: Advertisement

Entry closes at 20:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday May 19 2014.

Like what? :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

think of something to advertise and make an ad for it. doesn’t have to be anything real.

Here’s an add for the Blender core dev’s, y’know the layers buttons, could we have an extra button on each row to turn it on n off :eek:its just I generally put all my render stuff on the top row and below each I just stuff all the dev stuff…

Oh a tooltip text named layers would be nice too, esp. for in my default startup file…

@Joe: My first thought was a logo for Blender or the BlenderArtists’ Weekend Challenge??? And if anyone remembers my old favourite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljqs63uYZ5s

Find an advertisement that you like and recreate it in Blender.
Create an advertisement for a real or fictional product.
Create an image showing how saturated the world is with advertisements.

If you are still stuck, here is an imaginary product that you can create an advertisement for:

Macho Munch! A brand new energy bar that is used for energy during workouts.

I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with.

This might help:

The latest scent everyone at the all the hottest salons in Paris are raving about,

Primative, by Suzanne.

Cycles with writing in paint.net.

Just realized I spelled Primitive incorrectly. It would require redoing a bunch of work, don’t know if I will worry about fixing it. :frowning:

Attachments

hi again!

Oh well haha I interpreted it in another way, this was made in blender internal, has post process with nodes and I fixed a little bit the levels on PS CS3:

A greeting!

nice one jgil.
anyways heres mine, a wierd mix of metallica, electronic submarines, and frozen:

Pure Entry
Hope some of you get the humor in this one :wink:
Tip: What will the sign say if you view it the next day…

Hi guys,
Here’s my entry for this week. It’s an external brain that I’m planning on inventing in the future…unless some other company steals my idea O.O…or it already exists… :smiley:
I hope you like it. I didn’t have much time to add more stuff to it. It’s rendered in cycles. Text, background, and other drawings added in photoshop.

Good Luck everyone! :smiley:

Here is mine, blender internal, i’ve made everything including the clouds etc…
Weirdly enough it was a really fast render…

I think there is an unintentional humor behind the misspelling since suzanne is a primate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here my entry, pure: sandwich man

(5$ Air HERE!) Pure, Cycles 2000 Samples

“City of tomorow” - pure, many many object particles and randomized cubes with wireframe modifier.

Full resolution: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/Fictional-Smartphone-454938487

Rendered in Cycles

My Entry First Time Ever. :

Blender Internal Pure

• Reference images of this guy have different parts lit, which made things interesting.

Thanks for taking the helm rarebit! I like the wc logo idea too, but where to put it? Maybe you could use it as your avatar?

This is a failed attempt, but I’ll post it anyway since we learn from our failures as well. I tried to rush a peacock and the materials were all wrong and was running out of time, so I just rendered as black and white. “what’s a peacock with no color?!”

Attachments