2 blendes

Blender is now saving 2 blends at a time not 1 and one is useless. I tried to fix this in user preferences and in save settings but have had no luck. I do not know where the fix is.

2 blends ? How are they different ? Names, file extensions, preference settings, blender version, OS etc

Please supply more info

I think the key thing is it is happens on a save over. I have overwrite selected.
Ok I get 2 files one blend and one blend1 the extra file is some times smaller for example the blend is 2.71mb and the extra is 1.39mb sometimes the same. The extra has a paper icon with the folded corner.
I just did a test I forgot sometimes the extra has a blender icon. The extra can not be seen by blender.
Files on right are extra

I cannot remember what I was doing before I saw this first.

The blend1 is a save version, the number of which you can set in User Preferences
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Vitals/Undo_and_Redo#Save_and_Auto_Save

If the .blend1 file cannot be seen in the blender file browser check the file filters, there is one that shows/hides these .blend1, .blend2, .blend3 etc files

Ok I get 2 files one blend and one blend1 the extra file is some times smaller for example the blend is 2.71 and the extra is 1.39 sometimes the same. The extra has a paper icon with the folded corner.
I just did a test I forgot sometimes the extra has a blender icon. The extra can not be seen by blender.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]308166[/ATTACH]
I cannot remember what I was doing before I saw this first.

I went to user preference and changed it to 1. I thought it did not change or fix the problem. I will try it again with a new file.

yep i change it to one and still get a extra file.

Oh save 0 .how did that get changed? thanks
I gave had many troubles with setting getting changed. I think there is a ghost in my computer.
I have a 128 Gb hard drive and want to save space.