Can someone Identify a Motorcycle for me?

Hello there!
I find it funny that all my life i am so much unlike my brother in that i care so little about cars and he cares so much for them.
However in this past year of my life i seem to be… developing a strong interest in Motorcycles, Although, i seem to be very picky about which ones i like. I define developing interest as in, i love to see them on the road and am beginning to consider learning more about them. So, only one of the first steps in all this.

Anyway, i talk to much. I’ll stop there.
I want to try and make a Model in Blender of a certain motorcycle i found while looking through images but i don’t know what it is. I “Think” it’s a “Harly davenson?” but as far as what model, or what parts on it may not be stock and what not i’m clueless.
Basically i want to create exactly this motorcycle.

Do you know what model it is so i can look up what the pieces look like to model it?
And perhaps if there is an odd piece i would have to look up separately? I think it has something called a soft tail or a wide tire kit on it and i imagine the exhaust pipes aren’t stock.

So anyway, sorry if this is alot to ask for such an odd angle of a picture.
When i saw this image… embarrassingly enough, i can say my heart jumped a bit and i almost felt nervous… wishing that i could ride it.

Any information you got would be splendid ^-^
Thank you ^-^

Looks like a Harley Davidson Soft tail - they may have custom built it too - not an uncommon thing for HD owners.

Very much looks like a custom chopper based on a HD-Softail. As “custom” suggests it’s chopped and modified, so it’s nothing to identify and nothing you’ll get blueprints off unless you find the owner and he provides you with images.
Or you find out all custom parts, get those prints and reconstruct it yourself.
However many bike garages don’t use prefab parts and grind, cut and weld to their liking.

It’s “definately” a HD - the airfilter cover, the fuel tank emblem and the ignition key tell you that. Although you can buy all those on ebay and put it on your bobbycar as well.
Belt drive also is a strong indicator for HD, but with that tire in the back you have to replace the whole chain/belt system and the whole swingarm. So again it could be anything. And often enough the Softail (Product name) get a hardtail (technical term), removing the swingarm and make a rigid frame so you can lower the rear fender almost onto the wheel. (else the fender would touch the wheel when the swingarm defelcts)
And as the Softtails beltdrive is on the left and this one got it on the right suggest all was replaced.
But the fact that it looks like a picture taken in the US, the bikers pride would suggest a HD :slight_smile:

I got a Kawasaki Vulcan Classic which is the Japanese version of a Softtail (with the big front wheel, not the tarmac cutter) for poor people who like to drive more than to be in the garage :stuck_out_tongue: Joke aside, if I had the money or was in the US of A I’d have a HD. But in Europe… meh.

What’s odd is that the Softail normally has 2 exhaust pipes, both on the right and you see the two exhaust manifolds on the right go into one pipe. I wonder what is connected to the other side. There are dual exhausts for the softail, for instance from Vance&Hines, however one manifold should go into one pipe each. As those engines are (like mine) carburetor engines and not injection engines you can’t just use any exhaust, you need one with the “exact” exhaust fume return pressure for the engine to work properly.

Here are some more Custom Softails:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/images/2013-Motorcycles/softail/softail-slim/gallery/large/13-hd-softail-slim-bs.jpg

Yes, I love bikes :slight_smile:
hth.

Thank you very much for all that!That will be very helpful knowing some of the part names and what is often different. so i can look up pictures or blue prints of just custom parts by themselves.And surprisingly enough, i did manage to find more images of the same bike though!

I feel much better about the idea of trying to model this soon :PAnd by looking at those links you provided, i think that it is that soft tail look that i’m really enjoying in the Motorcycles i see sometimes.I can’t decide if i like them with the detachable windshield or not though. it seems to work sometimes, and less at other times.The ones with the really high up handlebars i’m not a huge fan of, but i like the happy medium between that and the handlebars that look like a straight stick that you have to lean down to reach.

Attachments

It definitely seems highly customized. That’s one of the great appeals to HD is you can make it unique… looks like a springer front end may have been added and definitely the wide rear tire and custom rear fender.

I can’t decide if i like them with the detachable windshield or not though. it seems to work sometimes, and less at other times

Many motorcyclists would never have a windshield…They do detract from the overall look, particularly on custom bikes. But I had them on a number of bikes and they really do make things a lot more comfortable… it saved my ass one time, when I hit a pheasant driving about 60 mph… luckily the bird as it was flying, hit the windshield and bounced off, and not me. :slight_smile: