Overlay scene

Is there any good tutorials on how to do an overlay scene?

Well I don’t know any tutorials but what I do is, create everything you want on the overlay in a new scene. (Look at the top of the default blender setup, find the tab that says “scene” click the plus sign next to it and a menu will appear. Just select new scene to create a blank scene) it might be nice to name the new scene something meaningful like “Overlay Scene”. Now go to the Logic window. Select any object that will control the overlay. I always use the camera but you can add an empty to the scene if your camera already has a lot of logic on it. Add the scene actuator and in it select “Add Overlay Scene” now add any sensor that will control your overlay. Again I just use an always sensor so that the overlay is always present. Now when you preview your game the overlay should show up. (Obviously you will need to activate the sensor if you chose something other than always.) I hope this helps you! Good luck!

Use the logic Actuators. the Scene Actuator has a list you can set to Add Overlay Scene. From there, you can overlay any additional scene you have created.

A little outdated, but the same principles still apply. http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Blender_GameEngine/OverlayScene/OverlayScene_1.html

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: