Converting old game blend to new. Issues.

Hello,
I decided to mess with the BGE game engine. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. I added some screenshoots.

Camera in Blender Render
Camera in Game Engine
Then the standalone viewer

I do not how to create the right structure needed for a scene that might have 50 to 100 meshes.

Attachments

I wanted to be able to go from the corridor to a outdoor scene with daylight.

I modified any external light but it still comes out off.

I don’t quite understand your question/problem. Are you referring to those light beams in the middle of the corridor floor?

Yes. I would like to have it where someone can walk out the corridor and they see sunlight.

This is a screenshot of what I have already done with the doors open and some light coming in.

Attachments

I made a walk-through. It’s really simple and I stripped all the old code to it.

The link for a Ubuntu(Linux) executable is
http://averyanthony.com/stexistence/existence

It should work and any comments or help would be appreciated. I’m looking at tutorials online and it seems people have a half of dozen ways to do something which seems overwhelming. Making me not sure where to start.

There are many ways to skin a cat, so the trick is to grab a sharp implement and start cutting.
You start with what you’ve got, and you make some decisions about where you’re going. So long as it works, nobody really minds how it’s done.

Thats an interesting saying.

I’m going do that but I will definitely need help with a coder. I really don’t want to make scenes with hundreds of linked meshes from a primary asset blend in a folder.

The fact is that somehow, information has to get from one file to another. The easiest way is to use linking. But another way is to use the python function libLoad. If you want more detail on it, ask.

And whilst I do run Linux, I don’t find it fun to play with executable files, as they tend not to work on my system. So blends are generally better.
Also, it seems to be looking for some relative files eg: /assets/buildingcomponents.blend

I re-uploaded it in a zip file including the assets.

So, if anyone wants to test it, suggest additions, or more feel free to contact me. I probably start using Python coding for this :-/

The link for a zip with Ubuntu(Linux) executable is
http://averyanthony.com/stexistence/existence.zip