Need help making a normal map out of this

Hello, some other blender artists recommended normal mapping my model, the problem is, Im new and I dont know how, Ive tried following some tutorials and I failed miserably. Could a good Samaritan do this normal map for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

I’m afraid it’s unlikely you’ll find someone who will do it for you. For several reasons:

• We don’t have infinite time
  • We are happy to help people, so long as they learn (in this case you won’t learn)

So where are you running into problems?

• Is it creating a low-poly version? have a look at this tutorial on retopology
  • Is it baking the normal map? Here’s a tutorial on that.

The main problem is with the unwrapping and the seams.

A good way to get rid of seams is to texture paint, i noticed in your blend you did this, as for making a low poly model, you’ve got a couple of options.

1. Retopology, remove the sub-surf, delete some edge loops, and delete hidden faces to make sure the object keeps its shape but becomes far less detailed (detail will be baked in the normal map)
  2. Decimate, in the modifiers tab, you can add a decimate modifier, blender will automatically remove polygons from your object to make a low poly version of it.
    from there, just go to your bake options-> normals-> selected to active-> bake, and voila :slight_smile:

just a quick test using the decimate modifier, you should try and do it yourself for practice though :slight_smile:
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/28798

seems arent problem here, the problem is that you are acting like this doggy

First of all you need a high poly mesh and a low poly mesh. At the moment you have got something between that is badly stretched. This could serve as high poly mesh but this stretching cant be baked properly. No matter if it is a blender xnormal zbrush max or whatever its impossible to bake this without baking errors. So you need to understand few things, first to model nice high poly meshes or sculpt them. Then you need to retopo this. And after that you can worry about uv mapping, bakeing maps etc.
regards

I wouldn’t be that harsh pachupp. It’s better than what I was doing two years ago, and whilst I don’t know about you, I doubt the first time you opened a 3D program you made what you wanted perfectly.

So keep at it Ordunok, and you’ll find you improve.

Ok, thank you guys, I figured it out