A 3rd person RPG game. needs story ideas and an artist!

i have been working on a gta style 3rd person game. it has cars (cubes you can get in/out of and drive) and air crafts( cubes you can fly like a banshee in Halo) you can walk, run, jump, grab on to ledges, and punch things.

its a pretty good start, but im not an artist. i got some royalty free models from turbosquid but i still need a large open world for the player to explore and have adventures!

i also have no story for the game. should it even have a story?

other cool stuff,

-players head looks where the camera is facing (like in gta) and looks at things near to him (like vehicles, and anything with the property “nme”)

-mini map

-3 combat modes 1 hands 2 sword 3 gun (in gun combat mode, camera moves to “over the shoulder” mode and controls switch to those of an fps)

If your an artist or have ideas to improve the game please leave a comment!!!

He also needs cloths, and hair models. im hopeing to have an inventory system and barber shop in the game so one could costomise his look

I could definetly help you develop a story! First preliminary questions you need to think about. Is he a good guy or an anti-hero? What era is he in present or future? What condition is the world he will be exploring? Is he human or something else?(alien, robot, etc. ) all of these will give you a rough outline of what the storyline will require.
P.S. I love developing stories but can never get around to writing them down…maybe you could use some of my ideas!

Randomly spawned sandbox world?

Goal -> live for 15 minutes,

as your “stars” level goes up?

I like this idea. It’ll keep the game simple while maintaining an open world feel. :slight_smile:

i like the random world idea. i don’t really know how i could make a realistic looking sandbox world, other than having it be like the sims. (and I’ve always found the sims to be kind of a boring game)

and wouldn’t the 15 minute star increasing survival be allot like grand theft auto? i mean, i love gta and all of its glory but i dont want to make a “clone”

@BearKnuckles- if this project does end up haveing a story, i would have him be a good guy, in the future in a post apocalyptic style world and he would be like a geneticly modified human, or an angel :slight_smile:

if you come up with any ideas message me!

I’m sending you a personal message:)

And you could be in some sort of a universe similar to the film Avalon ?

Your mission, survive !

Le voilà!
Behold the T-77 Avenger!

And the feared 720w Archangel!

BTW the avenger takes bullets and the archangel takes energy clips but that’s easily changed.

My game has a similar story, but he has fallen back to earth from space,

not heaven…

:smiley:

" in the future in a post apocalyptic style world and he would be like a geneticly modified human, or an angel :slight_smile: "

Here’s the finished Avenger!!!

Attachments

Nice job! Love the design, and the name.

ok i am an artist and modeler i can help you in thees things

Attachments

Here’s the finished 720w Archangel!

Is anyone good at modeling/texturing realistic hair?

Hello. I am a jack of all trades in blender, and feel that I could add lots of value to your game. I would love to model for you. I can do lots of things, but would like to work mostly on buildings and infrastructure. If you are interested, just let me know. You can PM me, or just reply to this comment. Thanks!

We should all roll together on wrectified :slight_smile: