Album Cover Art

This is the base image for a CD cover, for a rock band. I did it using MyPaint ( and blender to set up my shot with correct perspective ), which seems to be a pretty good program, and is free.

I finished it up, but I had to pixelize the band logo, which is too bad because it’s a cool logo. Added the text in blender using freestyle, and added the vignette in GIMP. Anyone have any good recommendations for programs that will format a CD cover?

My attention goes to the hole in the center of the piece of meat. Why is there a hole there? Am I too hole obsessed? Me –> O
Hole. Hoooooole. H-O-L-E.

I like the style. Not too sure about the vignette, it doesn’t quite match the style.

Anyone have any good recommendations for programs that will format a CD cover?

Hole

The hole is supposed to be a bone. :ba: :cool:

Nice! I’m a pretty big MyPaint fan myself, and have made some stuff on it in the past.

It seems I made it at too low of a resolution, so I had to re-do it, and this time I used just Blender and GIMP, and used my original as a background reference. I kind of like the clean look of it.

I honestly prefer the first one more. Now it just looks a bit like a beginner’s vector illustration. The earlier one seemed to have more personality and reminded me of Ren & Stimpy and the Rugrats with its detail.

maybe I’ll run over it in the paint program and see if I can give it some more of the ren and stimpy look.

OK, I reworked the whole thing in sketchbook and GIMP…

…is cool…I’d say rather R. Crumb-ish…tho Ren + Stimpy ain’t bad…like the final the best…so far…

why is there a eye in the center of the vector version? O_O

why is there a eye in the center of the vector version? O_O
I like the first one best, looks like a classic nickleodeon cartoon.

Heh, love the progression! You definitely got the character back into the picture, has that Ren and Stimpy or Beavis and Butthead look :slight_smile:
Good job on the marbling of the meat.

The bone should be more to a top corner unless its a slice of a arm or legg :slight_smile: