How to have multiple UV maps for an object

Hey,
So I’m asking this because I stink at textures, and someone probably knows the answer.
So I was wondering if you can unwrap textures onto only one part of a mesh. Basically, I want a texture on the door of a shipping container., but not the sides. I previously unwrapped some rust texes, so I don’t know how to…here’s some pictures.

I want to have a texture unwrapped on this side of the mesh.

But not this side.

Or this side.
Replies would be greatly appreciated.

sure you can create more than one uv map. just open the vertex data panel and add the uv maps there

however it is more a texturing issue that you want to address. you need seperate materials for each side of the container and you need to select each of the face in edit mode and in the materials panel click assign for each face so that the sides of the container have the material associalted with the correct uv map. its a bit compicated to explain and setting up the materials is different for each render engine so well i hope this helped a little

In cycles:
0: Create multiple UV Maps
1: Open up node editor, select your material that has both textures on it
2: Add > Input > Attribute node, connect one to each material
3: Type the name of the corresponding UV map into the attribute nodes
4: Select the UV maps in the panel that Small Troll posted, and then to edit one, select the camera to the right of it
5: UV unwrap the texture that is connected to the UV map that is currently active.
Hope this helps!

Aha, that helps a lot. Thanks guys!

In blender render, I have had success simply unwrapping the mesh, adding a texture to the whole thing. Then select the faces in the 3d view that need a different texture, notice that the selected faces are now the only ones displayed in your image editor, now open the next texture image in the image editor. If everything goes well…you now have a seperate texture applied to these faces. I think you can do this indefinetly, but my projects have never called for more than two textures. It’s that simple! (Can’t really help you if your using cycles…I rarely use it:) )