Backdrop appears with lens flare but render does not?

I’m green, and I am sure that this is just a matter or plugging something into something but… Attached is the node editor:

the backdrop is showing exactly what I want in the rendered image, yet when I select render (below) none of the extra elements are showing up…

Can anyone help me?

uh, thats all thats in the scene… grassy hills and a backdrop so itis rendering correctly.
unless…
that object on layer 2 is meant to be in the scene too, in which case you need to include that layer in the scene

I meant the things in the compositor. Is that not in there? Isn’t it included in the scene? I thought I had both renderlayers in the node editor plugged into the correct spots?

ah right ok i see what you mean the actual rendered image is not the same as what is being shown in the compositor window!

well for a start take a look at your composite node, this is the node that outputs the render, currently it is connected to a mix node that is in the middle of the node tree, so any thing that is after that mix node won’t be rendered, you want to connect the very last node in the tree to the composite node, you currently have a viewer node at the last point which is why your seeing the full version in the node editor. just try connecting the composite node to the same one as the viewer, that should solve the issue. if not we’ll think about other stuff

You’re amazing! Thank you very very much! I knew it would be that I didn’t plug in something correctly. I’m learning though! Again, thanks for you help!

your welcome :slight_smile: