Skull work in progress

Hi all,

Oke so I pretty much finished modeling the skull I was working on (yes I’m slow and easily dragged away by games).
I followed the Canned Mushrooms tutorial I spoke of before. It’s not textured yet but I just want to get some pointers to work it out a bit better. The first skull is just so I did the whole tutorial the 2 other pictures are what I added to make my range of skull weapons I am thinking of. The problem is the demoney teeth are not demony enough and give a needle like vibe. I’ve tried looking for some proper references but came up short. Any suggestions? Also for a skull to get a more demon type feel Jason Welsh from Canned Mushrooms said to define the bendy bit in the bottom jaw and the cheekbones. Which I will still work on and also I need to.

So yah in short; Demony teeth, cheekbones and bottom jaw definition.

My question:

What else, to get that evil look of badassness?

My idea for texturing was créme/boney white for the skull and regular white for the teeth, or at least another type of white for the teeth, since bone and teeth aren’t the exact same material as I understand.

Thank you in advance.

Vincent van Tiggelen

Looks cool!!! You could probably texture paint a bit of dirt in the crevices.

Perhaps this will help.
http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/how-to-quickly-add-dirt-to-crevices/

Looking good. Go into vertex paint and try Dirty Vertex. Might be pretty awesome.

The skull is really nice! If you are going for a scary look, I would suggest changing the proportions of the skull. right now it looks like simply a human with sharp teeth. Make the brow thicker, cranium smaller ( or bigger/pointed) bring the muzzle out. Just ideas.

Another thing to consider, (this may just be my personal opinion) but to me at least, I think skulls that look happy/laughing are creepier.

Thank you for the replies guys. Appreciate the feedback. Any suggestions for the looks of the teeth?