Titan Z available on 29th of April.

Somewhat Blender related, the new Titan Z will be available soon according to the rather well informed site Hermitage Akihabara (Japanese page in Japanese).

The Titan Z will pack 2*GK110 GPUS (Kepler generation) and is for enthusiasts most likely as the pricetag currently is rumored to be 2990 USD by Nvidia, 400.000 Yen according to Hermitage Akihabara, which should be around 2850 Euro a sum other people buy cars or motorcycles with.

The money buys you 22880 Shaders along with 26GB VRAM and most likely the fastest Cycles card around :slight_smile:

If anyone buys it, you know where to post your benchmark results :smiley:

Extrapolated from a single GK110 in regular Titan clockings, the single precision floating point performance should be around 9000 GFLOPS. (2*4500)

Power consumption is also still unknown, but so far all the GK110 single GPU cards had a TDP of 250W.

As comparison:
GTX 770 (GK104), 3213 GFLOPS SP, ~400 USD / ~290 Euro
GTX 780 (GK110), 3977 GFLOPS SP, ~650 USD / ~470 Euro
Titan (GK110), 4500 GFLOPS SP, ~1000 USD / ~725 Euro
Titan Black (GK110), 5121 GFLOPS SP, ~1000 USD / ~725 Euro

As a new flagship I suspect the Titan Z to be based on the Titan Black clocks though.

You can do your math how much money buys you how many GFLOPS and where you hit the sweet spot.

its would more than likely be cheaper and faster to buy 2 titan blacks and if your only doing cycles rendering you dont need double precision so a 780 or a 780ti will do

i think it would be a little under clocked because i don’t think they would do a 500w tdp

I’m almost certain that one generation later, Nvidia will come out with the Titan Z2 and you’ll be having to find another 3K to spend.

The amount of money being asked for is more than enough is enough to get a high-end PC with one of those new 8-core Ivy Bridge chips and 32 gigs of RAM (with a fairly decent GPU to boot).

The risk of getting such high-end hardware in general is that you may find it at half the price or less in a couple of years and you wonder why you were in such a need to have it now that you spent a small fortune on it.

what do you mean a generation later titan z2 and z3 will come before maxwell because they messed up lol

an 8 core ivy bridge chip? what…

Perhaps something like this (price in AUD, so higher than USD or Euro):

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/CPU/Server_&_Workstation/51538-BX80635E52650V2

2.6 GHz, 8 Core / 16 Threads and a lovely 20MB Cache :slight_smile: Compared to the 6/8MB in most quad cores, that’ll reduce cache misses a bit xD

Those CPU’s support dual socket systems if you can afford 2, motherboards cost a
bit: http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Motherboards/Server_&_Workstation/46384-X9DRi-F

Supports 3x GPU’s if you need as well xD

first EVGA got thumbs up, now all vendors have. To make 780 & 780 Ti with 6Gb of vram. It was a while ago, but haven’t seen any on the market yet. but agree, better to ditch double precision buy 2 780 Ti 6gb for ~ amount of money of 1 Titan Black.

or 6 for the price of a titan z lol

yes but thats a server cpu which is probably slower than a 4930
i think he was talking about the new haswell-e cpus

For those who recently bought a 780 or 780 TI

And the new cards

The price of this thing really sticks in my craw. To me, it’s the greed of a company that is too dominant in its industry. It’s also the greed of a company that is upset that a product they made was a success and cannibalized another, more profitable, product line (Tesla and Quadro).

This is why I want AMD to succeed. I want competition, real, vibrant competition. This is also why I garner a great deal of schadenfreude from Nvidia’s persistent failure in the mobile market.

And I seriously doubt that this card will have full-clock Titan Blacks in it. If they had managed that, they would have already talked up that detail. The fact that they aren’t giving us technical details means that it may not even be full-clock ordinary Titans.

They do show the details

967 MHz Base Clock
1020 MHz Boost Clock

Which is the same as other GTX 780 cards, and I agree about the AMD cards, but as far as I understand it, the problem lies in them not making proper drivers, so its their fault if they don’t make good in that market!

As far as price goes, think of it this way, my 150$ GTX 750 goes at least 2-3 times faster then my 350$ I7 4770K with Cycles, and it allows sort of realtime previews, so I would say the 550$ price for the GTX 780 is not bad, especially considering that I would get 3 times the amount of ram!

I have had such bad experience with those twin/tripple fan cooling solutions on GPUs. I hope they make a reference design 780 6gb. Only drawback I’ve seen so far.

that 4770k would murder the 750 in some things like hair an a lot of transparent shadows

Yes, hair has become real slow in GPU, along with few other things, lets hope that these will get fixed with time!

do you guys happen to know what the speed diference for rendering in Cycles is for OC cards like the windforce vs the stock ones ?

it will render a few seconds faster but unless its over clocked a good bit dont expect much maybe on a 5 min render you will do about 4 min and 45 seconds which is actually pretty big if your doing an animation

5,795 GFLOPS vs 5,121 GFLOPS stock

I am actually not very impressed with how much faster the 780 TI is compared to my 570.
The 780 is still around 2.5 to 3.5 times more expensive but only a little faster than the 570.

I picked up a 750ti and I have been very pleased with the price/performance ratio. It gets just under a minute on the BMW scene, and it only cost me $150. It does have limited RAM, but it doubled my performance to add it to my 560ti.

I know it’s a somewhat silly stance in a thread about the titan, but you get a lot more flops to the dollar if you aren’t looking at the top.