Free Stock Effects Pack for Compositing - F12 Action Cache from Blend That Film

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce to you the F12 Action Cache, A Free Stock Pack of effects for Blender.

Download now from Blendswap.com

Enjoy!!

Tom

We likes it.

Thanks, hope you get some use out it. Please share anything you produce using it, I’d love to see.

Nice work, thanks for sharing!

Very good work here tomjelfs! I love it. I will use it for future animations. I only wish we could have muzzle flashes like this in cycles.

It should be possible with cycles now supporting volume rendering, but muzzle flares should ideally be composited in after or it will just add to your rendering times.

I think the way I would use this is to ‘pre-render’ the effects and use them in a compositing situation as Tom mention. But having the source scenes and the ability to move the camera allows for much more flexibility in customizing it for any situation compared to Action Essentials from VideoCopilot who gives you only a few preset views/camera angles.

Thanks Atom that’s exactly what I was going for.

How about a how to on how ya did the intro bits??

I own Action Essentials from Video copilot which are pre-keyed explosions muzzel flashes etc… And while there is enough there to keep me using it, your FX pack has just replaced quite a few of them. Two thumbs up for sharing!!

Hrafn which bits are you talking about? The quick fades of the logo at the start?

place57 thanks so much, that made me do a fist pump. However I know that you can’t beat the Action Essentials explosions.

Wooow!!! That’s the coolest thing I’ve ever seen!! Speechless… dunno how to thank you…! Andrew Kramer gets cold feet I guess :smiley:

from 00:00 to 00:15 for example