Skull Chicken

Hi all! Just wanna show you/recieve comments on this kind of personal work I made some time ago. It is a character for an indie game I have been thinking with some co-workers. It is like a bonus-critter, not much thought on what it will do tho :p. Even if nothing comes out of this, well, I improved myself a lot doing this in many aspects :).

Some lore behind the critter:

“Once upon a time there was a lovely chicken wich liked to peck on the most weirdest places… Someday it pecked on a haunted Skull, and the chicken found it’s head trapped…
Soon, the Chicken wandered around not knowing where it was heading, but the Skull always knew what it was looking for…”

The first 2 images are a mix between Blender Render and Cycles (mainly for particles), and the third image is Cycles render.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304779[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]304778[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]304780[/ATTACH]

and some animations…youtube and vimeo managed to kill the quality of the video, really dont know how these pages work ROFL

Alright, thats it, you have permission to destroy my work x)

Cya! :smiley:

Hahaha i love it

haah thanks dude :slight_smile:

nice job, love it! :slight_smile:

cool character, I liked much the white version. Looks like how enemy for game :).

Hey thanks guys! I have posted this in my regular pages for exposure like deviantart, got some favourites but never a comment.

I really appreciate the time you took to write your opinions, much appreciated boys :smiley:

What a cool character, Alvarocgi! I can see this being in a video game, the Skull Chicken already has a lot of personality for such a small creature. You’ve presented it very well here, with the additional compositing and details such as particles and background light. The modeling and sculpting is great as well.

With regard to normal map generation, do you know of any good tutorials or guides? I’ve been trying to learn how to bake high res to low res though either bump or normal maps, but haven’t had much success.

wow thanks for your post dude!

About the normal map generation, nope sorry, I dont know where you can find a regular good tutorial, but it shouldnt be hard to find one I think, because it isnt really hard to do honestly. (you just need to have the high poly and low poly meshes and use the Bake features on blender using “selected to active”, meaning you need to select the High poly mesh first then select the Low Poly mesh…so u end up with 2 meshes selected, but the Low poly is the “active” )

This is cute and menacing at the same time. You nailed the character style pretty well and it works.

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

• Reyn

Those skulls looks scary, but not horrifying scary. It’s more like funny scary. lol… Great job dude. Love the models.

thanks guys! We were aiming for something funny/scary looking, so achieving that means a lot to me :slight_smile: .