Mapping Materials To UV Map

Hey Folks,
Just started using Blender this weekend and for the most part things are going well but there’s just one issue I’m having that I can’t seem to find any posts on… I’m sure someone has posted this already but Google/forum searches have availed nothing…

I’m getting a hang of the UV maps and have figured out how to take an image, unwrap an object and then manipulate the faces to the image, but what I can’t figure out is how to take a model that has a bunch of faces with their own materials and have them map to a UV file. Is there a way to do this? I basically just want it to render the textures that are already on the model to a 2d image that corresponds to a UV map. I have the model looking the way I want it but I need the UV map for a game engine I’m using.

yes, that is called render baking. You assign a blank image to your UV cords, then you go to the render baking buttons, which are down toward the bottom in the render properties panel. you’ll see a few options. one is for materials and textures.