do alot of people use color correction and or rgb curves

I’m starting to learn about all this in not just Blender but in Maya. I noticed a lot of people use after effects to composite there animation using levels/ color correction changing the gama in red and in blue. does anybody know of any good tutorials that would teach me this or help me understand this since I want to get into animation films? thanks in advance to anybody who replies.

While most software packages, inlcuding blender, overlap in terms of their functionality, I still prefer tools designed for a particular purpose. If you’re really serious about color correction you cannot skip learning Davinci resolve. I recommend you download and read the whole manual. It explains the different concepts, tools and workflows very well. After that, you can use just any software to do color correction or image manipulation with confidence and a clear understanding of your options, limits and the specificity of each tool. And the best part of it all is that the light version of the software is both free and completely functional (except for Linux)

Yep only limited to HD res so you cant do proper 2k or 4k film out. Very good value that Resolve lite.