Can particles be used along with the smoke and fire system?

An example, would be simulating a fire then using particles as a fuel to add to the fire sim? I know this is possible in packages like Maya, 3ds with fume and houdini. And was just interested if particles can be used with the smoke and fire sims.

If that wasn’t clear enough, I was wondering if particles can interact with the blender smoke and fire system or are they completely separate?

Something like this?

It is kind of hard to tell with that image, but are the particles driving the smoke? And does the particles add to the smoke like adding fuel?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw that you can create a flow using the particles. And it seems when the particles hit the fire there is combustion (which was what I was looking for.) Will require more testing, but looks pretty good. Thanks for the screenshot!

Yep, that’s why I included the Flow Source section on the image xD

Also you can use the smoke flow effector to influence particles and other physics with the flow of smoke (good for sparks, cinders and the like)

Probably should have worded it better, I found this out because of your screenshot. So thanks for that!