Which is real?

I actually made a cornell box, and rendered a similar scene.
I think they are easy quizzes for 3DCG artists.
The answers are later.

Added:
The one is taken by Nikon D5000 in a dark room, just trimming.
The other is rendered by Cycles with 10000 samples.
I tried to make real node materials so hard, but it’s difficult.
The gpu making real world is too fast! :slight_smile:

Q1 Glass Balls

Q2 Utah Teapot

It’s a nice shelf, isn’t it?

Cycles: Q1:A(left) Q2:B(right)

Nice work!

Nice Job Leo, Good Work on the Materials,
I Think the Real ones are:

• Glass Balls ‘B’?
  • Tea Pot ‘A’?

Could be Wrong…
Let me Know :slight_smile:

Good Job,

Jim Morren

• Glass Balls ‘B’?
  • Tea Pot ‘A’?

Those are my choices as well.

Both B are real.

B and B are real.

EDIT : I meant fake. A and A are real.

I think “Journeyman” is right, because an imperfection in the box that is repeated. You have done an excellent job mimic the camera, size and arrangement of the elements.
Very good render.

:stuck_out_tongue: Make up you mind! :stuck_out_tongue:

=====

Well Leo, You did a Good Job, Hardly Any of Us can Come to the Same Conclusion of with ones Real.

Edit: Although others agree with me, I’m still not 100% sure myself… :o

I don’t know about the teapot I will have to look closer but glass ball B is the real one.

-removed spoiler-

Now to stare at the teapots
Edit -
A is the real teapot -

Maybe I should not have gaven my reason for why B is the real glass ball -

A for the ball and A also for mr teapot. hooya? I now know that you can actually mimic reality eh?

My guess: B for the glass balls is real. A for the teapots is real. But for me it’s only because [also removed spoiler]

I’m not sure and can’t wait to find out which is correct! These are very good.

+1
I don’t know why but that’s what my instinct tells me.
Good job, both look incredibly similar!

hahaha!!!
it is impressive!!!

This is so cool, what a great idea! You can see how much this has engaged people already, Leo. I applaud you for having the dedication to set this up, I’m sure it took a lot of patience to get these two images so closely matched to one another!

As for my guesses, I think:
Glass balls - Image B is real
Teapot - Image A is real

It is tricky, however, as I see elements in both images that appear to be “imperfections”. I’ve used the sharpness of the corners of the boxes as my basis, but I also see other things that throw me off - a bit of lint or string in one corner, and more strongly aliased highlights in one of the images I think is real.

I’m sure there is a little bit of compositing here, but it really shows how accurately we can render the real world in the comfort of our homes!

Amen [use at least 10 characters]

Yes, I agree with this statement.

FAKE! :wink:

ball is B, teapot is A. I can see the bits that are holding the box together (I think).

Fun idea! :smiley:

Agreed about the imperfections in the box, that was the only clue required (unless you modelled those and actually built a perfect box :wink: ).

I like this idea in general, I was considering the value of doing something similar with a variety of materials in order to see how close my material creation efforts were to reality. Not so much that I could simply replicate them, but more just as a technical exercise in order to provide a bit of perspective on where my materials were on the stylised <–> real scale.

Very cool idea! The first image is of course B. The second image is a little more tricky, but I’m going with a tentative A. Great job.

Leo, TELL US!!!:evilgrin: TELL US THE ANSWER!:evilgrin:
[tension’s rising]