Waiting

Waiting.
Done in Blender. Render with Cycles (250 sample). Minor postpro in PS.
My goal is to achieve a hi quality post pro result, and I came up with this. To be honest, I’m not satisfied with the result. So I need some advise to reach that.
What should I do? Lighting? Texturing? Coloring? Gimp/PS skill maybe? Just let me know.
Feel free to comment.
Thanks…

Raw Render Image: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/70213 1,16 MB

Attachments

Wow, what a great piece of art, I really like it. Both robots are hilarious!

I’m a total idiot about lightingso I can’t give any tips on that but to add some more life to the scene, maybe you might add some bump mapping and some dirt textures to the walls and the floor tiles? The environment looks very clean compared to the worn out robot-dude.
Another idea would be adding something like a picture on the wall or adisplay with ads for (robot)medical products or a insurance company - docs for humans often have that stuff in their waiting rooms. You could also add a little table with magazines on it.

A very fun work…I’d say add more in robot things…yes lighting and other stuff could be better but ideas and being creative are first. If it’s a robot world add more things to do with that world.

Signs for getting their software checked…that kind of thing. Little tiny details can be a big plus.

check out

for great information on getting better with blender.

this a great piece - it feels fresh and fun. i would keep it simple, but a couple of tweeks to the composition would help: repeat the blue somewhere (like the window in the door), and repeat the red-orange of the chairs somewhere also (the white robot’s eyes or hands, maybe?). having the color of his belly button be the same as the chairs makes him look like he has a hole in him - i’d change that color. but overall i think it’s great.

Nice concept! Totally agree with wolfred’s advice! Maybe the shadows are a bit too soft?

Thanks for the respond. It helps me a lot, and tell me that there’s so much space to work to enhance that scene. Really open my eyes.
I came back later and try to make it better.
Again, thank you all…

I love the robot designs! I see a lot of potential in this picture! the thigns that I notice that you can change are, The picture is too bright. The blue robot is the only one with texture detail. Everything else in the picture is a flat color, thus it doesn’t match. People have already mentioned the shadows. Another thing, I’m having trouble understanding what the white robot is doing/thinking. Are his teeth cavity free and he’s happy about that? Does he have teeth? Why a dentist? One thing that might be cool (It might distract from the composition you’re going for, so feel free to disregard it, is if you have some sort of light in the room which you can see on the floor coming out into the hall. also, chairs that the blue robot is on don’t have any legs. It looks like they are attached to the wall. Maybe that is what you were going for, yet they look like they are made of plastic, and I don’t think that would be very structurally sound.

I really want to see where you take this!