How do i make NurbsPath curve/tube pointed?

I am working on a fairly simple but cool looking skin for the game Team Fortress 2 and i am trying to make a NurbsPath pointed at both ends and maybe start bigger from the middle and then grow a bit smaller near the end and then come to a point. This is pretty much the last thing i need to do to finish the modelling part of this and i can’t find any tutorials on it so please help!

Thanks!

Nurbs cannot have sharp angles in their geometry, therefore I would suggest using a bezier curve. This way you can create vectored control points (either by clicking the vector button under handles on the left-hand tools menu or tapping V shortcut key on your keyboard with the control point selected, then choosing vector from the set handle type menu)

If you are stuck in a situation in which you absolutely must use a NURBS path (can’t imagine that scenario myself, but I suppose it is possible) you can fake a point by subdividing between two points and clustering the control points closely together. Attached is a blend file in which I did this with a NURBS curve, NURBS path, and finally a Bezier curve with two vectored control points. The Bezier is the best solution IMO.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

nurbshelp.blend (475 KB)

You can also play with the radius of selected point of bezier curve in the N panel in order to make it sharper or bigger.