Inset Faces on Ngon Cylinder End not Centering

Greetings. I have one .blend project that has started to do Inset Faces functionality incorrectly. Not sure if it is a bug or some flag I set that has caused the change. What happens is when I create a cylinder with an ngon end, and then I attempt to inset face that ngon end, it doesn’t draw toward the center of the ngon, but rather it appears that all vertices are drawn on one plane, all the same angle. See below:

It appears all the vertices are near 30 degrees from the horizon. Weird. This also happens with a circle mesh; I filled it with a face and attempted to Inset the Face… Same thing. This is all in one project .blend file. To test, I created a new .blend project and added a cylinder with an ngon end, and it worked just fine. See below:

Any ideas? Does this seem like a bug, or a setting that I unintentionally made?

I’m running Blender v2.69 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a beefy Alienware 17 with lots of memory.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

You could try applying the object scale if you have inconsistent axis scales (view scale in the properties panel, shortcut N)
In object mode use Ctrl+A / Scale, then try using the inset tool

The only thing I can think of is that you hit an unintended hot key, at first I thought this was a simple problem of scaling the inset face in one direction but that doesn’t quite give the same result that you show so I’m stumped.

I haven’t been able to reproduce the error on 2.7…

Thanks, all for the quick responses. You were right, Richard… I apparently had a problem with axis and your suggestion solved it (object mode use Ctrl+A / Scale). Before I did this, I did more investigation and found that the results of the Inset Faces function was always oriented along the y axis. When I oriented the cylinder so that the face was 90 degrees from the y axis, then it worked.

I read the wiki documents, but I’m not 100% sure what it is that I did to cause the problem, nor do I understand the solution(Ctrl+A/Scale). If someone would clarify, I would appreciate it. Thanks!