my first work

this is my first work, what should i change? what have i done good or bad. what should i do for my next project (i just started)

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The proper place to post this (and the best place to get feedback), would be the Work in Progress forum in the art section.

PM a moderator and inform him that you would like to move this thread there.

how do i pm a moderatom

Thread moved to WIP forum

Use the ‘report post’ icon in the bottom left of each post (triangle icon)

well you’ve manage to create something that has some resmblence to a head, with a hat on, so as a first time beginner you have some potential :smiley:
i would suggest now heading over to blendercookie and working through some of the tutorials there, many are free and will help you improve your understanding, plus you’ll make some cool images in the process!

welcome to blender :slight_smile:

Keep creating. Watch tutorials. that is a fine first creation. It will come to you if you are tenacious.

yeah! Welcome, and keep it doing tutorials, so you can add more knowledge. Try simple ones first and go reaching high and high.

Not bad at all for a very first CG head attempt. A good advice for the moment as I can see it is to learn to use the subsurf associated with the llop and cut tool. Addind edges help the geometry to stand in place. I dno’t know if I’m clear, here’s an exemple:

If you add a cube and subsurf it, your cube will loo like a deformed sphere, okay? So what if you want to only have the top of your cube round, and the base, the bottom, edgy? You add a edge with the loop cut very close to the bottom edge.

With the hat, I can see you used the subsurf but it messed up the topology. So what do you do to have a good round hat with subsurf?? Considering that I think your problem comes from the top face of your hat, you surely want to delete it, select all the vertices of the top edge, merge them at center (alt+M at center). You will have a pyramid kind of shape. Add another loop above the base of the pyramid, scal ii wider and grap it on Z to match with the Z coordinates of the point of the pyramid (in Blender Z coordinates somehow is in real life the Y axis. I don’t know why it’s been changed or if it’s the same with other 3D softwares).

Now your hat shold look like this : a cylinder with the vertices of the top “face” merged at center.

Final part: you loop and cut the center with as many loops you need to avoid those deformations you have on your hat with the subsurf.

I hope I’m clear. If not, you’ll easely find tutorials on internet.

Another thing, if you’re not already aware: I suggest you, when you add a modifier, to try to not “activate” it until the LAST moment. It’s important to let yourself the opportunity to subsurf down during the modeling.

Another trick in modeling sometimes also is to model in flat mode. It helps to see your geometry better.

Well, those were some trick I hope you’ll find useful. If not, it maybe could help another.

Keep on that way.