Which keyframe could I use?

I want to have a collectable to go up and down, and I decided giving it an animation would be the cleverest way to go…

Which keyframe could I use so I won’t have to make a billion different animations for them?
I’m assuming I’ll have to use a location keyframe for this, but wherever I insert them, that’s where all the duplicates go.
So I end up with like, thirty collectables all in one spot, because that’s where the keyframe was created.

Sorry if this ^ is too confusing

On the action actuator to play the animation, there is a little L button. Press that and the animation should play on the objects’ local coordinates. I had this issue the other day, and this is what worked for me.

Do LocRot. If you’re duplicate versions are returning to the original location, ensure they are set to local.

Parent the object to another one (e.g. an empty). This object will be the base of the animation and you can move it wherever you want it to be.

The parented object will play its animation relative to the base object. Therefore you can use the same action at several locations.

As you are going for a location animation the location keys are the right once. You do not need a rotational key as long as you do not rely on the orientation.

The “L” is faded, so I can’t activate it unless I also click either ADD or FORCE…

EDIT: Not to sound stupid, but the reason for the title is because there’s also Delta Location, and Visual Location. Not sure what they do.

I had the same question recently! The answer is delta location. The tutorial I found had that exact setup for the example. In a nutshell…delta location is relative to the actual object not to its place in the global sense. Therefore…delta key frames tells blender to take your mesh x units in location or rotation regardless of its current placement. (Am I getting redundant? Sorry!)

When I use Delta, the object returns to where the keyframe was added…

If this fails, I’ll try what Monster suggested. Seems a bit longer to execute, but he hasn’t failed me yet!

Are you not using the Action actuator? Are you using the Motion actuator?
Animations should be executed using the Action Actuator, in the absence of a Python script.

I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck, I know what the Action Actuator is… :confused:

Clicking on it does nothing, it’s like increasing the value of the “delay between repeated pulses” when it’s not turned on.

Oh man I forgot! Create your animation with regular location, then hit spacebar to pull up the search menu. Type in “delta” and the only thing that shows up should be “transform animations to delta” or something similar. Click that and it will make your animation work. If it’s still not working quite right then go on YouTube and look it up. :slight_smile:

Hmm, I just tried it with a cube (kept getting an error with the desired object, apparently it’s already ‘delta’, but I don’t believe it’s lies)
Anyways, the cube (when moved around) works like it should… sorta.

When I pressed P, it spawned several meters to the right. When I move it around, it follows, like I want it to, but always a bit to the right. Odd…