Twin " t " city

Hi everyone can’t wait to share with you my last project ! It’s about archviz. It is my most challenging project as i’ve to works with a big scene a many high poly object.

Project Number:

11000k poly

1.46 gb Blend file

45 mins/1024 samples/i7 2600

115 mb texture for asphalt in the city ( texture composited with 5 differentes roads textures in gimp)

thank to Andrew hale for sapling addon very helpfull for this project!

Want to do more but blender crash because i’ve eat all my 16go memory

little bit of compositing in Gimp

Hope you like it !

Attachments

You did a quality job on this… the only thing that looks off to me is the height of the flowers in the flower boxes. I like your trees and the landscape you have added around them.

Arch viz is challenging to say the least.

good modeling, very good texturing and composition.

-the sky is overexposed, tone it down a bit.
-i 2nd the comment above, the flower boxes seems off and repeated.

one thing though the 1.46 gb Blend file size! it must be the cars are very high polys?

nice archviz,esp. 3rd image,looks realistic.trees look great,is it particle leaves?

So happy you like it thank a lot !

Bat3a =====>>

one thing though the 1.46 gb Blend file size! it must be the cars are very high polys?

Yes cars are very high poly but without cars i’m around 856 mb ! it is easy to managed it in the viewport with 7970 3gb and many optimisation such as :

** VBOs box checked in user preferences

** trees grass and cars displayed in bounding box mod (sometimes with particle system disable)

** use of layer for each categories of objects

But i want advice for reduce blend size a lot .

Ruted ==>>

nice archviz,esp. 3rd image,looks realistic.trees look great,is it particle leaves?

thank ! it’s sapling addon trees with little bit of modeling to make more natural, leaves are automaticaly generated by sapling ! only plants in box grasses and trees are particule system!

About sapling I think it will be very use full to use an object as leaves !

But i want advice for reduce blend size a lot .

-you need first to know where is size coming from
-backup your file then try delete-save to figure out
-is textures embedded in your file
-also when replicating similar objects use alt+d

That’s great! I can see you’re getting some tex tiling in the first image though.
My vote for the feature row!

You gotta be kidding me! Hey that looks so real!

I’m inspired again.

very nice light - how did you set-up the world?

Really nice!!! Well done :slight_smile:

Thanks i’m so glad !

very nice light - how did you set-up the world?

the world is a mix of HDRI map and sky texture the lightning setup is completed by a sun lamp for good shadows !

here are the plants especially modeled for the project. crawling plants is converted nurb path with particle system !

You must post renders, not photos. Good job, man.

There is some repeeting of plants and textures/tilling but overall, it looks very professional.

There is some repeeting of plants and textures/tilling but overall, it looks very professional.

This is my goal since the first day i’ve meet Blender : show to architecte from my country that blender is a really professionnal tools they must count with ! Today this dream is a fact as I’ve working wih many architects for serious project and currently working for a new interior designer firm “FOND BLANC” !

Thank

You could keep the cars as separate objects and just link them into your scene. That would keep the entire scene smaller as far as I know.

Xerubian

Hi everyone ! want to know something about project rating and gallery !

1/ Who give stars to render (3,4,5 stars)

2/ why some good render don’t have stars live other

3/ How to see a project in the gallery

1/ Who give stars to render (3,4,5 stars)

2/ why some good render don’t have stars live other

3/ How to see a project in the gallery

can someone help me

1/ Who give stars to render (3,4,5 stars) ?

2/ why some good render don’t have stars live other ?

3/ How to see a project in the gallery ?

please who have answer to this ?

Good Job! :smiley:

Ok, let me assume that you are asking this, because you think your work posted here is worthy of gallery,
so let me answer your doubts, but I don’t think you gonna like the honest answer I gonna give:

1- The same people normal people of this community, in the top-right corner below the thread title, there is an option called “Rate This Thread” so you can rate others work there.

2- Here is were I am not sure, I think people rate the thread they like, but administrators are who make the rating visible.

3- This work is not worthy of gallery, some people here say that this is photorealism but that is not true, a lot of things are off on this project: first textures that repeat themselves too much, including objects that is easily appreciable that are the same over and over, for example the plants; in some threes is obvious that leaves are squares, the light and shadows of the people are totally off, I know you used planes with images of people but you should have made sure of using images with the right light setup, the light setup is weird, I think that is because you used too much strength in the environment light setup, cars driving themselves?, also you abuse of lens flare.

Well those are my 50 cents, if my assumption of you wanting gallery is wrong, I apologize in advance.