COLLADA exporter and animations

I have been searching about this and cant find any confirmation that this problem has been solved. I was trying to use Blender together with torque3D engine and I found that animated models cant be imported in Torque3D, because COLLADA exporter cant properly manage the animations: it only exports currently selected animation. Is this script going to be fixed some day? Or there is any other solution to export animations to DAE files?

I’ve been struggling with this issue also. I’m trying to export to Collada then import into FlexSim (the software I help develop).

There’s a workaround that may or may not work for your situation (it doesn’t work for me, unfortunately) which is to export each animation into its own file and naming the files [name of asset]_[name of animation action].dae. If Torque3D allows multiple files to represent one object, this might be the way to go. Here’s a pretty good tutorial on that. It’s been fairly helpful to me: Animation Export Tutorial

Another workaround I’m currently looking into (but I’m not even sure it will work) is to put every animation into a single action, one right after another. The Collada file format allows for "animation_clip"s which reference an animation channel and specify when the animation clip starts and when it ends (in seconds). So you could put your idle, walk, run, jump, and die animations into a single action, then create an animation clip for each one. For example, ‘idle’ starts at time 0 and goes for 10 seconds, ‘walk’ starts at time 11 and goes for 2 seconds, etc. If I’m understanding all of the Collada documentation correctly, this is how animation_clips work. This is something that I don’t think the Blender Collada exporter supports (I’m looking through the source code right now to find out for sure).

Please let me know if you have found any other workarounds. Or other file formats that have worked for you. I’ll continue to work on this and let you know what I find.

So far, both solutions are the only I know for Torque3d too.