Pouring liquid out of a test tube

Hello,
I’m quite new in fluid simulation and have read and watched a lot of tutorials about it. Most things are well described, but for my animation I need to know something special:
I want to pour liquid from a test tube into a cup of styrofoam. So I want to bring the liquid running down the tube by turning the tube along its y-axis. I mean the surface of the liquid in real life is always horizontal towards the ground and is getting less when pouring out. Is this possible by using Blenders Physics Simulations?

I’m sorry if this are stupid questions, but I’ve just seen animations where liquid runs out of an object.

Regards,
klon2000

Attachments

double.zip (1.2 MB)

The work flow I would try would be along these lines.

1.) Create a proxy version of the test tube with very thick walls to be the obstacle container for the fluid.
2.) Place fluid inside the test tube proxy.
3.) Create animation of proxy moving up, rotating and final pour position.

For this kind of simulation, your bake time will be a little bit longer because what has to happen is the initial fluid in the test tube needs to come to a rest before your animation of the tube begins. There is no way around this you have to let the sim settle down then begin the pour sequence.

There are other approaches you could take, however. For instance you could make the initial fluid just a colored cylinder, right? Hand animate the rotate of the top of the cylinder during the test tube lift and pour sequence. Then activate the fluid sim for the final pour as you have seen done in so many other tutorials.