Lattice Problems

Sorry for this ridiculously basic question but I can’t seem to get this to work. I am trying to apply a lattice to a cube. or any object for that matter and cannot do so.

I am adding a cube --> subdividing it in edit mode --> adding a lattice --> scaling it larger than the cube in all dimensions --> increasing u.v.x = 3 each --> clicking on cube and adding lattice modifier with the lattice object in the object box.

then nothing happens. the modifier seems to add, but if i go into edit mode and move the lattice modifier around, nothing happens!

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Please lend some support. Very frustrated.

Thanks

After following the steps you took the only thing I could do to make the lattice have no effect is to put the strength of the lattice modifier to 0. Other than that I’m stumped.

Is the strength slider of the Lattice modifier set to 0?

Another same style: is Lattice object Name set on Lattice modifier tab?

I have tried setting it at default, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. Nothing happens.

These are the settings for the lattice.

No. Lattice modifier is added to the cube, which is the link between lattice object and cube mesh.

I did add the lattice to the cube, I was just showing the lattice settings.

** This is what I did:

I am adding a cube –> subdividing it in edit mode –> adding a lattice –> scaling it larger than the cube in all dimensions –> increasing u.v.x = 3 each –> clicking on cube and adding lattice modifier with the lattice object in the object box.

Do I need to change my viewport mode to “textured”?

I figured it out. Thank you all for your replies. Of course it was so stupid. I was applying the modifier before I modified the object… sigh. noob.