When changing object origin of model and armature poses whit translation move to much

I started to model a character with the origin of the object set to middle of the head. When I added the armature I made sure the origin of the armature is aligned with the origin of the model. Latter, I decided that have the origin of the character between the feet would be better and I set the origin of object and armature to that location. The armature already had some poses in pose library. The problem I just noticed is that all poses that not only rotate bones but translate them now translate them too much compared to before, resulting in the walk cycle now trespassing the ground in some steps. Rotation of bones seems ok.

Is there a way to set the origin of an armature and make the poses move correctly without having to re done every pose?

To me, this looks like Blender is scaling the translation by the distance between the new origin and the original one. I want the opposite. I want to change model and armature origins and let the translation of pose bones untouched.

Update: changing the objects origins did not cause this. I tried again and discover that my model and armature were downscaled too. When scaling bones in edit mode, the saved poses with translation do not scale by the same factor automatically, resulting in translation being to large for a down scaled armature.