Evermotion's work using Blender + 3DS MAX + VRay (I bet they could have skipped MAX)

Check this out:

Nice!

Could they have skipped 3DS MAX and render in V-Ray straight out of Blender ?

If they are going to include it in their archinterior sets then no. They need the files in .max with vray format for their customers.

If they would just make a good-looking render they would be fine without max, though the workflow Blender/Vray is a little bit more of a hassle than Max/Vray.

Would Cycles rendering look as good as V-Ray’s, in this case?

Sure, you certainly can match Vray’s quality in Cycles. The only thing I can think of is that Vray has more optimizations for those who know their way around it so if you are proficient in using Vray then you can probably render the scene in 1/10’th of the time it would take to render in Cycles.

You can use GPU rendering on cycles, so Cycles is faster than Vray :wink:

You can reach the same type of rendering, you just need to know how to use cycles and be a good renderer.

You can use GPU rendering in Vray too and no, it is not faster than using CPU rendering in Vray.

You can not make a final image in GPU in Vray with passes etc. Dev’s talk about the restrictions in the last video on youtube.
On all my render with cycles, it was faster than Vray.

After Vray is better than Cycles yes, but for architectural rendering you can make good renders with cycles.