Selecting multiple joined edges

(I suspect that the answer to this would be “If I were you I woudn’t be starting from here…”)

I’ve created a shape by taking a cube, deleting one half, using a mirror modifier and then by means of some edge loops shaping it. I then applied the mirror modifier which left me the shape I wanted. Because I wanted the shape to be a border for something I deleted the front and back faces, with a plan to select the edges and extrude them. The problem is that I don’t seem able to select all the edges along one of the now ‘open’ sides. I’ve tried various things from the wiki which seem to be what I want, but they don’t have the effect.

If you want to take a look at the file it’s in my dropbox here

Is there something I’m missing…or have I just made a fundamental mistake in the way I set this up in the first place?

TIA
andy

The two halves created by the mirror modifier are not connected because the centre line was not correct or you didn’t use clipping or the merge option correctly in the mirror modifier

Do you also want all those double vertices (select all and use W / remove doubles)

Take some time and methodically go through your mesh vertex by vertex checking for errors. Move a vertex, should there be another one there ?

TX Richard - got it now :slight_smile: