Some Hair Particles Appearing Inside Mesh

Hello, all!

I’m having an issue getting my hair particles to emit outside the mesh like they’re supposed to. No matter what I do, the same patches seem to want to grow inside the mesh rather than outside it. I have already eliminated the following potential causes:

• Bad normals (verified both automagically and manually)
  • Weight Painting (Only basic density maps at this point)
  • Particle Mode Edits (Edits on the affected area have been freed)

Can someone help me figure this out? I have attached a render of the affected model (The wing sections are where I’m having trouble.)

Any help is gladly appreciated!

First thing that comes to mind looking at this image is that the normals are messed up, though you said you already checked that. But just in case I’d recalculate it again just to be sure but maybe checking the “make consistent inside” box if you haven’t already and see if that does anything.

You could also check the “use modifier stack” button under emission in the particle settings that could be another cause.
Lastly, I’ve never had issues regarding this, but you could also try applying the scale of the object and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help! It appears that my issue was due to “Hair Dynamics” being unchecked.