Basic Animation

Hello all,

I was just wonderin’ what you all thought of my little animation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks good to me, nice use of some of the 12 animation principles… squash and stretch etc.

Not surprisingly, I recognise the idea of this shot. I suggest starting again, but come up with your own idea.

When you do, focus on the body first, to make the weight more convincing. For example, that initial jump seems unmotivated. It should have a few small jumps first, to build up momentum.
Then, when animating the tail, try to get some overlapping motion. It shouldn’t just tick-tock like that; it should move with a wave like motion.

Thanks Dustin!

and haha, yeah, I’m pretty sure I saw this from one of your videos freen. But I can’t remember which one lol. And thanks for the critiques, I will go back and try again. :slight_smile: by the way I own both of your animation tutorial sets and they have helped me out a whole lot.

Nice to hear! Yeah, you’ll learn more by coming up with your own plan. The idea of these sorts of exercises is to first learn how to do simple acting, doing a bouncing ball with a brain, then to learn overlapping motion with the tail.

Good luck!