[Theme] 'Dark Default' Blender Theme

‘Dark Default’ - Blender Theme

This is a darkish theme for Blender 2.70+ (I’ve not tested it on earlier versions).

I dislike most themes because they are too far from the default theme, which I think is great and has good contrast. But as many pieces of software are now brandishing darker themes, both for usability and eye-strain I thought it would be handy to make a theme for blender that keeps it in-line.

I’ve done a few slight modifications too for fun though:

1. The 3D view section colours are now a cool blue instead of the default orange – just for a change.

2. I reduced the size of the vertexes as I think they’re a bit too large – at least for me.

3. Lastly I added colours to the nodes in the Node Editor – which makes them easier to see when you gaze at a complicated layout.

All other Editors match the 3D views theme.

Pros: Great for tired eyes, has good contrast I think.
Cons: Probably not the best for reflective screens or brightly lit rooms.

I’ve always liked the idea of the Gradient background, but I don’t think it looks good on orthogonal views, so I chose not to use it. Plus I rarely use the grid and prefer it to be out of the way – when I do, I just use it as reference for the centre of the scene – maybe you guys use it more than me?

I hope you like it and it’s of some use to you.

Jay.