Particle System - DoF / Blur ?

Hello there, I’ve got a little problem with my particle system.
I would like to add some gaussian blur or simple depth of field to it, but I can’t get the results I want!
I’ve tried to apply an ID Mask over the compositor to the particle system and add gaussian blur, but sadly it somehow doesn’t work?!.. If someone knows a workaround for this, that would be awesome.
I would like them to be like “dust” particles, Iam sure many of you guys know what I would like to achieve :)!

If you need screenshots of anything just ask, I’ll post them, but for now only one render. (Rendering with 2k samples or more did not help achieving what I want)
As you can see they are quite noisy :confused: So at the momemt Iam using the Depth of Field option which is given for the camera in blender with f/stop value 0.05.

Edit:
So for anyone who is interested on how it looks now:

A cheap one might be rendering out the particles in the foreground as a separate sequence with alpha, then add them in the compositor with the desired blur. If necessary, repeat that with different blur settings to fake depth.

Yea that is exactly what I did not want to do… But in the end I did it x) I knew I could do it like that but as you said… it is cheap and uses way more resources.