Black_guy_(may I say that in english ??) 's head.

I put another project than the interior day in stand by to participate to the new blenderguru competition. I don’t want to tell too much for the moment about the subject but it will be my second full character I hope in Blender, including surely another forth in the scene. I love when all the effort done before pays back. To get to that result I had to count three days before and even more, much more, cause I had to redo some stuff (the eyes part are so annoying when you first try). Now it’s only the first day and I can see the difference. That’s very motivating. Hope I will not encounter too much difficulties that I couldn’t resolve fast enough.

Attachments

Just a little post to “feed” the thread. It could be named “Welcome my bros!!”. I always love the messianic pose before putting the bones.

I can see that the fingers in the back view are a little strange, especially the thumb…

After modelling: sculpting details !

I still don’t know if I will be able to use as much resolution it needs to render those details but I wanted to improve my modelling skills in comparison to the precedent character I made. I began to understand the sculpt mode a little bit better, just enough to add details after modelling without terrible results. The bone of the little fingers is too hard, it’s obvious. That’s interesting to do render tests to see details like that because in the solid view with metacap, the little finger looks correct.

Last one.

The thumb was horrible, now it’s better ! Still not perfect but better. I’ll do an exercice modelling just a hand but very good, soon, I hope.

I let the character for the moment to concentrate on the environment. It was little bit a challenge. Little cause I already had experiences with the partical system and a challenge because grass is something always tried to avoid since it was on of the most complicated things to do. Now, with the partical systems, it’s not as hard as before (in fact you can’t compare at all. We can just say it was impossible before unless you had the same hardware n software as Pixar or ILM) but still I tried different things that didn’t please me at all.

Now the result is better, it approaches what I had in mind. It’s not as well as the level I want to reach but for a first try I’m satisfied. I’ll globally stay with that “configuration”.

Ok, there’s still work to do in the environment but I wanted to share it here.