Cannot get Add_Mesh_Rocks addon to work in 2.70

I downloaded the files from svn.blender.org, but when I tried to enable it in Blender, I got the following error:

So someone suggested I try downloading it from developer.blender.org, but when I tried to find it in my Preferences, it wasn’t there. I checked the names and they were all correct.

Any ideas?

(I’m using OS X 10.6.8 (32 bit) and Blender 2.70, Hash: 19e627c)

Actually, I just realized I’m supposed to use the addon’s “Report Bug” feature, so I did and am reporting it to the developers.

Me again xD. The Rock Generator is already included in Blender 2.7. It has be included for some time. It can be found in the testing category. So go to the user preferences, switch to the addons tab, choose “testing” and you gonna find it in the “add mesh” section. That should work.

Best wishes

oliver

Hey Oliver! Thanks for the tip. A number of people have suggested I use a BuildBot version of Blender to get it to run, but so far I’m only using the standard Blender 2.70, not any other build…I’m not so sure I want to have to deal with even more possible bugs.

I tried your suggestion, but it doesn’t seem to be included in the basic 2.70, even in the testing section. Do you use something other than the basic 2.70?

Yeah i’m sorry. I didn’t think that through. I have a little script building blender from source daily.

You can download the latest version of the addon at http://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/blender-addons-contrib.git/tree/HEAD:/add_mesh_rocks.

You can download all needed files at once by clicking on “snapshot” at the top. You will need to unpack everything, create a folder called “add_mesh_rocks” that contains all the files. Then you zip this folder and try to install it. Works fine on my second maschine.

I hope that helps.

best wishes
oliver

@Oliver: No problem…I appreciate the help anyway!
:slight_smile:

@Burnin: Wow, thanks! It works now! Thanks for the link!
:slight_smile:

♪ ♫ I got rocks, oh yeah, I got rocks galore baby!! ♬ ♩
:smiley:

Gold nuggets! Pay dirt!