Challenge #565 (04/17/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #565 for April 18 2014 is: Architecture

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday April 21 2014.

Oh boy, architecture… good luck everyone.

There’s no restriction on the renderer of choice as long as it’s in Blender right? And dumb question but to boats/ships count as architecture?

Hi again!

A quick thing made with cycles

A greeting!

Hello :slight_smile:
I have a bit of a question about my entry… I’m terribly sick this weekend >-o
But i happened to make this about 3 days ago… could i still enter it? it only took me like 2 hours and was all done in blender.
I had no intention of texturing it because i was trying to replicate a style i had seen somewhere else…

So it’s pure all around except that i made it a few days ago. :x

Nice looking house Razc. Not my call but I’d be fine with it as an entry. Were basically going off the honor system anyways, and your being honest.

Open entry, a trip back to my childhood. Rendered in Cycles, 500 samples, 242 logs, with a boatload of post in paint.net.

Attachments

Here is my non-competing entry:

Architect

RobertT

Here is my entry this week, i didn’t really work the environment because this work took me already enough time and starts to get me on the nerves :evilgrin:.

pure

cycles entry. pure entry

Thank you Ryeath ^-^
And i wish i shared your experiance with lincon logs as a kid. It was something i wanted but never got around to getting :confused:
I did have Rokenbok though later on xD

I like Robert’s perspective on the creator rather than the result.

Dagto’s is really neat : ) looks like a little playhouse for a kid :slight_smile: And i’m sure the items inside took forever to make xD

And lastly masab.mia i just gotta point out how much i love the Minecraft decor xD
Being sick this weekend i thought about making a cool minecraft structure in blender (cause the remesh modifier on block mode can make that unbelievably easy to do) but i like how you made the sword out of wood and glass as a decoration on the wall. and the piece you have above it looks like something i’d defiantly want in my own room xD
I wish i knew how to make that florescent light look in my own projects but i’m sure it’s a cycles thing and… i still have yet to hop on that train :confused:

Edit: After reviewing some rules in the sticky post of the Weekend Challenge I realised my render doesn’t meet the requirements. Sorry for that, guys, didn’t mean to cheat or anything, that’s why I’m letting you know. I’ll leave my post here as a mere non-competing entry, but if Quandtum think it is better to delete this post, please, feel free to do so.

Title: Bucolic Home
Non competing entry

Modeling, shading, textures and lighting: Blender
Rendering: Cycles
Post-processing: Blender compositor

Some textures from CGTextures (house details), viz-people.com (sky) and gobotree.com (tree cutouts), all edited in GIMP.
Also used some technical drawings I made in QCAD (qcad.org), set them as background images on 3d view (front, back and top).
Reference image can be found here.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7369/13971249143_b060b7ddde.jpg
Bucolic Home by KennedyRichard.Org

This is one of my first serious projects in Blender (have one year and a half of experience). Did it just to test the skills achieved until now. Unfortunately, my laptop don’t have much memory, so can’t work with too many details.

I guess yes (there is no restriction), some entries were done with Luxrender, at example.

I like how RobertT is able to incorporate lines and geometric shapes in a so “harmonious” way in his images; i tried that sometimes but results were only bad random mixing…

Pure entry “cliff house”

Beautiful render mik1190.

RobertT’s work is so amazing. I look at it and try to figure out how he makes it in Blender and can not figure it out. Maybe a wireframe render?

KennedyRichard, I think your render would still be eligible, just classified as open instead of pure.

This one is close, but I’m gonna call it Open. Chair and Lamp from an open resource, and some post color timing in photoshop. Non-competing entry.

The Library

Inspired by some shots in the Third and the Seventh. Highly recommended, if you haven’t seen it.

Finally learning how to use cycles recently. Pretty cool stuff, especially for lighting.

Edit: Ryeath, I’m interested in how you did that render. Cycles you say?

And RobertT, I’ve been interested in how you do your stuff since forever, haha. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: This is no exception.

Hello,
Pure entry “bridge”. Cycles 400 samples. Only glare effect node used.

Ryeath, I understand, thanks, but it is not the point. I finished my render within a weekend, but not THIS weekend :frowning:

I missed this point when I first read the sticky post, then when I read it again I realised it. No problem, I’ll just wait for another weekend challenge and then compete fair and square.

So i decided to take the style of Chinese castle architecture and mix it in with ancient architecture and traditions, This is a Pure entry and im Titling it Floating Ruins. Really enjoyed the quality of This weeks entries… very Impressed, Keep it up people!

My entry, (pure entry) rendered with cycles. Only 100 samples so the quality is not very good.
EDIT: And I see now that the grass is to thick.

Enthymeme, I’m glad you like, or at least are interested in my render. My daughter said it looks boring and gave it a thumbs down :).

It is cycles render, but the look all comes from post in paint.net which is why I am calling it an open entry. The original render has brown logs, red gables, green slats for the roof and a yellow chimney. I tried to make it look as close to the original lincoln logs as I could. A environment background and green plane for the ground with some noise texture. I could post the original but it’s pretty plain.

I then took it into paint.net made a duplicate layer and used the pencil drawing effect to make it look like a drawing, made another duplicate layer and used the ink effect to make that layer look like an ink line drawing then blended the 3 together with varying opacities using some of the more exotic blend modes (XOR and Negation).

Thanks for asking.

Hi, I’m glad I’m not late. Here is my first challenge entry - City of broken glass.
Nice challenges, looks like a ton of fun:)