Possible Bug in 2.70

There is either a bug in 2.70 or I’m missing something important.

In the Transform Orientation in the Properties window, if you press the ‘+’ next to the pull-down list of orientations, a window pops up over the bottom of the tool window (see the 1st attached image). That’s fine except the window doesn’t go away–ever! If you quit Blender and restart it (or just click New), the window is still there (see 2nd attached image). I have not found any way to remove it, although I can slide it down so there is just a ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the tool window.

If I have missed something, I apologize. If not, it seems it would be useful to report it.

Attachments

As you can see, now it says Operator. This section is used for other Operators; almost each key command brings different value adjustment elements in there. It’s not removable.

I don’t understand what you think is a bug. The operator panel should be there.

Richard, as I said I might be missing something. Apparently I was. Feel free to remove this topic.

You see the little “+” symbol when you drag something off the edge, it’s Blender’s way of letting you know something is minimized over there. If the panel is in your way for some reason, dragging the separator to the very edge should put it back like that. Even the tool and properties panel available for some windows does that, but also they’re hotkeyed to expand or collapse with T and N.

paulljs75_, thank you. Yes I did know that, but as you said, I usually using the hotkeys. Although I’ve been using Blender for many years, I’ve stuck with 2.49 to export .Nif files. However the new version is so much better, I just took the plunge into 2.70. I think I have most of the interface now, so am working on the differences in modeling due to the new version’s support of N-gons. Much of what I could skin with the ‘F’ key in 2.49 is now done with Bridge, for example. I know there will be more bumps along the way, so it’s good to know this forum is here when help is needed. :slight_smile: