Looking for help to produce a fencer to generate illustrations for a manual.

I am creating a fencer that will be used to produce illustrations for a free manual of fencing. I am very new to Blender, that is I began to work with it three days ago, but my main goal is not to become a Blender artist but simply to produce those illustrations. In practice, once I have the fencer working, I will create several poses and I will produce snapshots for the manual.

I developed a body with a skeleton but it has some problem and it is far to be perfect. In addition I do not know how to link it to a sword and I wishes to use custom shapes for bones to make the visual effect more friendly when I will animate it.

So I need some help. I can provide what I did up to now, which is probably 90% of work, but I need some correction and help for details. The final shape will NOT be textured, that is, I will use a simple light blue uniform texture for skin and a brown red texture for sword. The purpose is to show the correct position for guards, attacks, and parries.

I will not gain any money for this work, it is completely volunteering, so I can only acknowledge the help and share the final Blender file with the community.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Custom shapes are not a big deal. I could do that in 30 minutes if you want. however if it deforms wrong that might take some time to fix. If you want i can take a look at it.

OK, thank you. Where should I send the file?

pm sent. see your inbox